Do you have an exciting and vivid home tile project looming?
There are multiple ways to buy tile so you may be considering which route to take. We feel that expert consultation from a tile expert is essential to creating the best possible tile project.
Read on to learn why you need a tile expert, where to find one, and what makes a tile designer good.
Why a designer?
It’s not just picking the best tile for your project.
It’s also time.
An expert tile designer can save you valuable time through the rapid elimination of tile choices that are not a fit for your project. This is especially important in a vast tile showroom.
The following are just a few examples of questions a tile designer might ask to narrow your choices:
- Are you just picking tile because your contractor told you to or are you making a design statement?
- What is the general style? Modern? Contemporary? Traditional?
- What is your preferred texture? Smooth? Glossy? Rough? Or?
- What colors are being matched? Are they warm? Cool? Neutral?
- What is your budget?
Knowing what questions to ask and which tile choices your answers eliminate requires specialized tile knowledge.
Where to find good tile designers?
A Tile Specialty Store
You aren’t likely to find that depth of knowledge in someone who covers 5 rows in a big box store like Lowes or Home Depot. So you need to go to a high-service specialty tile store.
What makes a Great Tile designer?
3 Key Points
- Listening Skills - A great tile designer tunes in to you and your project
- Staying on the cutting edge of current trends, which comes in part from attending annual shows like The Covering Show.
- Product Knowledge, which comes in part from the PKs (product knowledge presentations) that manufacturers provide tile design professionals in a tile specialty store
So, to save time by working with a professional tile designer to hone in on the right tile for your project. Go to a tile specialty store and work with a designer who listens and asks the right questions, stays on the cutting edge of trends, and knows the tile products available. Click here to set up a free consultation at Melcer Tile.